- and Providing
- original content and multimedia production
Face-off is an annual event created in 2008 by Playcenter with the creative intent of combining sports, music, celebrity icons and brand messages into one exciting package. It is a celebrity basketball event, showcasing celebrities in a different and fun filled light. As Basketball is a cool sport affiliated to hip hop music and dance, it is the tradition of Face-off to bring home one International musical act and a Professional NBA player to headline the event.
The whole concept of Face-off targets a Celebrity team comprised of selected members of the entertainment industry. These selected stars form a team of novelty players that play against an existing basketball team. The selection of Nigeria team members is based on parameters as to appeal to the broad target of the sponsors, especially in terms of relevance and popularity.
Face-off seeks to provide an alternative platform with which to connect with the public.
As pacesetters in such an unparalleled and original project, we have single-handedly renewed the interest of the game of basketball and other bodies and media outfits have toed the line.
However, Face-off is not just about delivering high octane energy and excitement for just one night, while waiting for all the exciting possibilities of the event’s D-day, the days leading up to it are lined up with activities of equal excitement.
Some of the Objectives of Face-off are:
- To promote the interest of basketball in Nigeria
- A formidable way of connecting to the consumers, the people at large
- A move to revive the interest of Basketball as veritable urban sport genre
- A platform for effective public relations and networking
- To promote positive and healthy role models for youths
Activities of Face-off include: Press Conferences, Interviews with the media partners, meets and greet with local NBA Officials/basketball players/teams & clubs; Exclusive Dinner with the celebrities, Charity tours, exhibitions, novelty games and concert, music performances, dance, slam dunk and free throw competitions, exhibitions, freestyle basketball face-off, dance battle, special appearances etc.
An essential aspect of Face-off is the basketball “clinic” where attendees walk away with good understanding of what drills to practice in order to develop basic basketball fundamentals. It teaches game speed offensive drills that are practiced by many professionals at a young age. Some of these drills include stationary dribbling, full court dribbling and shooting form practice. The clinic emphasizes good character, sportsmanship and hard work as important components of the game.
Attendees go home with mementoes such as branded T-shirt, head bands, hand bands etc.
Celebrities that have participated in Face-off from its inception in 2008 include Psquare, Dbanj, Sasha, Basketmouth, Banky W, 2face, Ikechukwu, SoundSsultan, Dr SID, Darey, Tiwa Savage, DJ Jimmy Jatt, Kaffy and a host of others.
It’s good here
Homecoming is a novel platform for all alumni of High Schools in Kwara State, home and in diaspora (from 1995-2010) to reconnect, bond and help advance the growth of the State. It is an unprecedented campaign initiated by Playcenter Nigeria, with the support of the Kwara State government and Sodium Brands Solutions.
Ilorin, fondly called the ‘City of Scholars’ and the ‘City of Lawyers’ has produced some of the greatest individuals in the country and in diaspora. It is now time for all these heroes to connect back to their roots and celebrate the values and treasure that is this city.
The Ilorin Homecoming is our way of bringing the sons and daughters of Kwara State i.e. future business and political leaders, to invest in the city that instilled in them their drive for success. It is a 2-day event aimed at honouring their achievements, spark up old bonds and join forces in redefining the future of Kwara State.
The format of the event includes: Special Homecoming Dinner and after party with His Excellency, the Governor of Kwara State, members of his Cabinet, Senators and Federal House of Representatives members from Kwara, Special Homecoming Concert featuring performances from A-list artistes from across Nigeria , especially those bred in Kwara State.
The benefits of such an event are limitless. They include: attracting indigenes to return home from diaspora to add value to the State in both public and private sectors, showcasing Kwara State to the world, increase in tourism, attracting investors, and consolidate the rebranding of the ‘New Kwara State.’
Investment possibilities available in the State include:
- Building of tourist facilities
- Developing housing estates
- Opportunities in the power sector
- Fish farming opportunities
- Partner with local operators in gold mining
- Business opportunities in maize production
- Investment in groundnut processing
- Potential for cement production
100 Bottles is another original concept of Playcenter. It is the end of year party that celebrates young successful professionals between the ages of 21 and 45 who had rigorously worked hard throughout the year. It is the biggest VIP end of the year party to crown up all other activities that has characterized the year. There will be nothing more or less than 100 bottles of different kinds of drinks and brands of 100 bottles each.
It is carved exclusively to selected young and successful professionals not less or more than 100 men and 100 women.
100 Bottles is poised to redefine CHRISTMAS/END OF THE YEAR PARTY. It is aimed at setting standards and raising the bar of glam parties in Nigeria. It takes into cognizance all the elements that compose a VVIP party.
Some of the objectives of 100 Bottles are:
- To inspire and produce high entrepreneurial capacity by bringing together young successful professionals.
- Engendering the opportunity to come together in one massive celebratory and fun environment.
- Glamorous platform for building business and social networks
The target audience of 100 bottles include successful young professionals, entrepreneurs, entertainment moguls, young CEOs, business men/women, captains of industries etc.
Admission into 100 bottles is through a membership card containing the name of the bearer and a unique identification number.
PlayTV is an all-round Lifestyle & Entertainment Channel. It is Playcenter’s unique platform that covers day to day living of people, music, art, movie premiere, red carpet, fashion, events, celebrity news, gossips etc.
As much as it is a fun display channel, it also has a corporate feel to it.
Whatever you call it; a vlog or a channel - the main goal of PlayTV is to be the first and foremost provider of all round entertainment in Nigeria and to showcase quality content that will be admired all through Africa and the world over.
Redefine ‘ur playlist
PlayRadio is a weekend 1-hour programme (i.e. Saturday and Sunday) that goes in-depth to entertain as well as inform its audience. The entire scope of PlayRadio is designed to provide an alternative to the regular music programmes on radio, while still keeping the audience spellbound by the bouquet of events on the 1-hour duration of the programme.
PlayRadio is an up to the minute youth entertainment station with a view to engaging all young people in the most interactive youth community on radio. It has a focus on music, celebrity gossip, youth events, entertainment news & gist, youth forums, interview and celebrity profiles.
The objective of PlayRadio is to engage our audience in Nigeria’s most interactive and sociable youth community on radio. Also, to set a pace in radio programming which the competition shall find insurmountable.
Some of the programmes on PlayRadio include: Movie reviews on what’s hot at the cinemas; gist, gossip, movie trivia, exclusive audio tracks, upcoming events, book suggestions, music countdown and many more.
Promotion & Advertising
- and Events
- We understand the possibilities within a brand
- its identity
- and appeal
- Creating and managing premium events
- from corporate celebrations
- to musical concerts
- Dance Nigeria reality TV show is set to unleash the dramatic display of accentuated dance moves, with an array of nerve recking dance performances.
- The show witnesses Peter Okoye of the R&B music duo P-Square, making his debut as a judge/mentor in any Reality TV show. He will be joined by Dance Queen Kaffy, Flex & an international superstar guest
- It is the 1st Premium dance content in Africa with 13 episodes of topnotch television programing that is bound to resonate and engage over 300 million tuned in viewers.
- Peter Okoye is set To embark in this talent search of nurturing the newest breed of dance superstars in Nigeria.
- Each episode is interwoven and captures the resplendent of dancing with production quality that is at par with International standards.